No surprises with the week's prompt Giving Thanks...
Although I'm a Brit living in the UK, I am married to an American, and the 4th Thursday in November is marked on our calendar as clearly as any American family's :-)
I know Sally suggested a collage, but I'm afraid I'm too exhausted from a week of hospital appointments, so I just took this...
I've always kept a gratitude journal (except for when I couldn't read/write after the stroke), and when I started using an A4 Filofax a few months ago to collate all my scribblings in one place, I had to make a section for Gratitude!
Every day I write 5 things for which I'm grateful - some days I struggle to write two, and others I could write 12 - such is life!
But here's my bumper list for Thanksgiving Day itself:
- A good night's sleep
- N's amazing meal
- E's homemade brownies - YUM!
- A warm, cosy home to share with others
- Dinnertime conversation
- Being mama to 2 amazing young people
- Meeting new people (N invited a friend & his partner to dinner - I hadn't met them before)
- Catching up on the blog course
- Having internet connection for most of the day (it's been very erratic this week)
- This special day :-)