At the centre of your being you have the answer, you know who you are and you know what you want ~ Lao Tzu

Wednesday, April 13

A new day, a new blog...

This is a recent purchase called 'Even I dream...' from Gillian Lee, an almost local artist (she lives in Nottingham) i discovered on etsy.

I can't exactly articulate what it is about Gillian's work, and this image in particular, that speaks deeply to me - I just know it does...

The characters she paints are timeless, though with hints of victoriana... they are delicate and finely drawn, yet their faces convey an inner strength...

Anyway, I love seeing this painting every day :)

And yesterday I started another blog - it's deliberately sparse, delicate and thoughtful... and captures at least one aspect of what I'm processing right now...


2 comments:

poppy m said...

Hi claire - I can see what you mean about this picture. I cant say that I'd like to see it every day - too much like a china doll & they give me the creeps!
A birthday book is on it's way to you. A bit early I know but if I dont do it now it will probably be mid-summer before it arrives!
Hope you enjoy it (& dont already have it).
Meredith

gilfling said...

Thank you so much Claire! I haven't watched the crimson yet am recording tonights and plan to have a double bill this weekend :)