At the centre of your being you have the answer, you know who you are and you know what you want ~ Lao Tzu

Thursday, June 16

Inspiration Avenue Challenge - So Romantic...


Finally, I've got my act together to enter the Inspiration Avenue Weekly Challenge after several months of dropping by on a Monday to see what the new theme is...

I now feel able to post the IA button on my sidebar, so do press it to see what goodies the Avenue has to offer :)

So, to this week's challenge - so romantic...

Nothing makes me feel so romantic as travel and adventure...

I would have loved to be alive - and wealthy! - in the 1920s and 30s - the clothes, the hairstyles, the artwork, the architecture... I would have loved to ride the Orient Express to Vienna, or taken a Cunard cruise to New York *sigh*

This little ATC (Artists Trading Card) is one I found tucked into an old journal, dated May 2006.
I actually have very few of my ATCs, as most were made for swaps and giveaways, but I guess I wanted to keep this one :) You can see more detail if your click on the image...


I just love the little tag stamped with the Tamara de Lempicka image of this painting - an all-time favourite which I remember seeing in the States (can't remember where...) and being amazing at how tiny it was - only about 12 inches square... It still packed a punch though!
A note in my art journal says I got the tag from Fran Burras' etsy shop...
and the quote says 'You do not realize how far you have come till you look behind'...

Oh, so true...

5 comments:

Kat W said...

Welcome to the IA challenge - glad you were able to join in this week. I like the way you've linked romance to your feelings towards the idea of adventure and travel. Original idea. And really nice wording, textures & details on the ATC.

Kat :-)

Anonymous said...

I love your ATC, so romantic and fitting for this challenge! Glad to see you sharing a beautiful piece of art! Love looking at these pretties!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Welcome to IA. It's great that you could join this week when everything is about romance. Your ATC is lovely and based on what you told us about adventure, the perfect addition to the challenge this week.

artangel said...

It's lovely to have you involved in the challenge, especially with such a lovely and romantic ATC! x

Victoria said...

Super beautiful..a gorgeous creation!
Victoria