At the centre of your being you have the answer, you know who you are and you know what you want ~ Lao Tzu

Friday, July 1

Friday Fun: Why I Love Etsy...


I joined Etsy over 4 years ago, and I love it more and more...

I love that you buy direct from the creator - no greasy middleman is making off with any profits...
I love that every Etsyian I've 'met' over the 4 years is just lovely :)
I love that even in the virtual world, you can build up a real connection with the person making what you're buying. A lot of Etsyians do custom work and seem to get as big a thrill as I do buying something made just for me - remember the lovely Jenny over at this post who made me a journal...

Yesterday I got this in the mail...


How gorgeous is this?

It's my recent purchase from Barbara at Vintage Bunty - they're 'only' scraps for collage, but it's like a birthday gift :)

And like a lot of etsy sellers she included a lovely freebie


And the scraps themselves are scrummy and begging to be played with... the colours... the textures...


This is how shopping should be - a pleasure for the buyer and thoughtfulness and helpfulness from the seller - and hopefully a true, mutual appreciation :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely to get these in the post! I've bought jewellery (my weakness) from Etsy before - never been disappointed.

Sue

Bunty said...

Claire, Thank you for the lovely comments - it really gives me a buzz to know that my "customers" are happy with what they receive. I try to send out my items as prettily as I can, in fact, how I would like to receive things myself.

I hope you enjoy your scraps.

Barbara

mama bleu said...

I agree about etsy. Being an artist in the community there is great. Everyone is supportive and we all want to see each other succeed and for your clients to have a wonderful shopping experience.