At the centre of your being you have the answer, you know who you are and you know what you want ~ Lao Tzu

Friday, August 3

IA Challenge - Perfectly Pink!

I really don't like pink at all... Too Barbie-ish, too ultra-girlie, and too much negativity of gender associations of being the weaker sex...

So this was going to be a real challenge for me this week...

I was going to copy this fashion illustration for my entry, having set myself the challenge of drawing every day in August...


But I decided against it, as I've made the challenge to DRAW every day, not paint...

So, instead, I gathered together all the pink things I could find, and there's quite a few... mainly gifts from friends and family - I am a girl, after all :)


There's E's baby Barbie plate, with a pink napkin, my phone (E's pre-teen cast-off, hence it's pink!), and a pink sharpie... there's a pink tablecloth, pink tissue paper, pink gift tags, pink pages in a journal, a pink tin of Papaya postcards, my 'Best Mummy' plaque (from a Mothers' Day a number of years ago!), a pink pot with my pebble collection, a pink mug, a pink ATC from a friend, pink journal spots, my Folio Society collection of Perrault's fairy tales, pink and black candle holders (a surprise xmas pressie from my lovely son a few years ago), and the current issue Gentlewoman with a neon pink background, a pink gift bag, a pink emery board, a pink compact mirror...

I wonder if that's enough pink to meet the Inspiration Avenue Challenge???

And for those who are interested, here's my first 3 drawings of my Drawing-a-Day challenge - the first two are from my World of Downton Abbey book, the third is from a favourite photo of a churchyard angel holding some fallen leaves, which I've called ' Hold Beauty Lightly'...


I hope to post all my drawings throughout August, but not each and every day...

Wishing you all a fun Friday, and a great weekend :)




9 comments:

Sherri said...

i'm not into pink much either... for the same reasons ha!

i really like the 3rd drawing... very nice!

Stew Crowther said...

Hello Claire,
I'm not into pink much either ;-)
Great drawings - Great blog!
Stew.
stewcrowther.wordpress.com
_________________________

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Well, that is quite a lot of pink! Fits the theme perfectly.

Kate said...

I am loving seeing these drawings, they are quite good. Keep it up.

rebeccastahr said...

I used to be the same way about pink. I have softened up a bit about it over the years. I still won't wear a soft girlie pink item of clothing :)

Beautiful drawings!

kirstin mcculloch said...

I am totally not a pink person either (my two girls on the other hand....) I love your drawings especially the last one x

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Good for you, Claire. I love your bold spirit! And yet you do it with kindness, not holding yourself to a strict standard. Happy creating!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love all your drawings, especially the one of the hands holding the flower petals. I like the way you colored them in to make them stand out. Blessings!

Chris said...

Hi Claire, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/