At the centre of your being you have the answer, you know who you are and you know what you want ~ Lao Tzu

Friday, March 4

Friday Fun: Spot the original :)


Finally, i've got my laptop back!! the nasty noise was a rattly CPU fan - it's been oiled, but may need replacing if it rattles again... still, much cheaper than a new laptop *phew*
i said i'd been drawing :)
playing with copying some favourite artists...
here's van gogh's landscape with cottages - it's on the cover of a great book Van Gogh: The Master Draughtsman
and my take - drawn while half-listening to the footbal commentary...
it's very freeing to just follow the flow of another's vision, but you do have to concentrate to imitate their pen/brush strokes.

7 comments:

The Exton Gardener said...

I so admire your perseverance and achievement! Now I'm approaching the age of future health problems, it's good to have some role models out there!

jill said...

This is a great drawing, well done, and done with your left hand, Im even more impressed. When I broke my right hand I taught myself to write with my left hand, it was quite difficult. Good luck with the OCA. I started it but didn't finish it for some silly reason.

Cathy Holtom said...

You've got some good line work there and more confidence with your left hand, well done!

jenna said...

That looks like it was fun!

Sandra said...

Very impressive-your spirit as well as your drawing!

Alex said...

Nice one Claire =)

DynamiteJ said...

your trace is very good and freely ! nice to use van gogh as "role model" for this work, he is an example of what art mean :D love the result !