At the centre of your being you have the answer, you know who you are and you know what you want ~ Lao Tzu

Tuesday, March 15

Virtual Coffee Tuesday


Hello again!! I can't believe it's Tuesday already!
How are you? How has the past week been for you?

A lot can happen in seven days...

Shall we pause a for a moment to send a thought-prayer to the people of Japan... words fail, don't they...?? We are such frail beings, little more substantial than moths....

* * * * *
We've just had our quarterly inspection from the letting agents... a necessary, yet intrusive, part of living in a rental property... still, it means we can insist the kids clean out their rooms every 3 months! :)
It's also meant I've finally cleared my desk/art space, so I now have no excuse not try my hand at watercolour/ a self-portrait/ a journal page/ and a 1000 other things I want to try :)
I'm reading this book, at the moment, having thoroughly enjoyed the recent BBC adaptation. There's a great introduction by Andrew Davies, whose done some truly brilliant screenplays over the years...
On Saturday, we had a lovely family lunch at my daughter's favourite restaurant - my baby brother turned 40, can you believe?? I know I can't, especially since in my head I'm 26 and he's still a teenager... Of course, nobody remembered a camera, so no pics :( but we did have a great meal, and a great time :)
Well, as always it's been lovely to spend time with you, and to get warmed up on such a cold, damp, misty day - ah!! the English Spring....
Do drop by again next Tuesday - there's always room to pull up another chair :)
Have a safe, enjoyable week...
and do drop by amy's blog and meet the other VC bods - there's a new button on my right side-bar :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the catch up over a coffee ... looking forward to seeing the latest from the (tidy) desk. I keep tidying mine, but within minutes, it's back to an A4-sized gap surrounded by junk :(

poppy m said...

Hi Claire - sorry I missed the morning bit! What a pain having to tidy up every quarter! I do a bit every day & the place is still a mess!
It's been cold & damp here to - we left the church site tonight as it was becoming enveloped in fog. We're busy putting-up a fence around the building & today nothing seemed to go smoothly - I'm hoping tomorrow is a much more straight forward sort of day.
We've had a memorial bench installed for a local poet who died just months before we bought the site. I was sitting on it for the 1st time today contemplating the site & what we want to do with the ruins. We have both agreed on a quite radical plan - but one that solves a whole host of seemly incompatible requirement. Inspiration from "the other side" perhaps!
Lovely chatting to you - will try to do so next Tuesday to..Ta Ta Meredith

Claire said...

soooo lovely to have you drop by and have a quick natter :)
can't wait to hear/see what your 'quite radical plan' is...
and how lovely to have a memorial bench where you and sit and ponder :) xxx