At the centre of your being you have the answer, you know who you are and you know what you want ~ Lao Tzu

Tuesday, May 1

Virtual Coffee Tuesday - A New Beginning...

... Amy, our usual host, is taking a break, and I know some of us miss meeting up, so here I am...



You'll see at the end of the post, a Mr Linky widget, where you enter your name and url. It's the first time I've hosted anything, so there may be teething problems, so please bear with me...

Some weeks, so much happens it's just lovely to catch up, and last week was such a week...

Full of hospital appointments... some uplifting - my yearly MOT in Sheffield went well, and my walking has improved 55% - yes, a massive 55%!!!!

(I know numbers can mean anything, but when I'm coming up for my FIVE year anniversary since my stroke in May 2007, and some days it's impossible to see any improvement, such numbers mean A LOT!!)

... and some just painful, like my physio appointment on Friday *sigh*

Admittedly, I know I was feeling extra-vulnerable, as we heard Nick's father had died on Thursday... He didn't make it through a routine hernia operation, so it was a blow...

Nick's colleagues sent him this  gorgeous bouquet...


And after this deeply sad news... Saturday was my birthday!!


Cards and gifts rolled in... and Esther made me the MOST scrummy cake!!


It lasted two days!!

And Sunday as our 23rd wedding anniversary...


... so more flowers and more cards...

As I said, it's been quite a week!!!!

And I invite you to join me and share your latest news - the joyful the painful, the momentous, the mundane...

As the old BT ads used to say, 'It's good to talk'...



PS You're most welcome to just leave a comment, if you don't want to link up :)
It's all about connecting... and sharing our lives...


With love xxxx

8 comments:

Pixie Moongazer said...

Have I really happened across another Sheffield lass? Not had a proper look through your blogs yet but looking forward to it. And I've so missed virtual coffee mornings while I've not been blogging!
Pixie x

Pixie Moongazer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennibellie said...

Wow I am reeeeeeeally jealous of that cake! lol looks so scrummy :) xxx

Danna said...

I celebrate your uplifting times and hurt for your painful times. It sounds like you have made some excellent progress, that is wonderful! Your cake looks delicious! I am so very sorry though to hear of the loss of your father-in-law, I cannot imagine how painful it must be.

Thanks for hosting Virtual Coffee this week!

The Faithful City Mouse said...

Claire I am so so sorry to hear about your father in law's death. Especially so unexpected. Praying for quick healing on that one.
But on a happier note :) Happy Anniversary and belated Birthday! The cake looks delicious, wish I could pop over and share some with you! Thanks for hosting coffee this week, next week I will sure to join in.

Anonymous said...

Oh Claire, that was the week that was, as they say. So sorry to hear the sad news, and so happy to hear the happy news. 55% is a Very Big Number :D

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

With the joys come the sorrows. We cannot spare ourselves from these, can we? But we can do as you did, Claire, and savor the moments of happiness to the fullest, celebrate the victories, and hold tenderly the losses. You are quite remarkable! (And I am very glad to read that you keep improving from the stroke. Happy days...)

Anonymous said...

Oh Claire, no wonder you didn't have time. Life is always what happens when you've made other plans - as you well know. Am so thrilled about the 55% Hope your weekend is blissful x