At the centre of your being you have the answer, you know who you are and you know what you want ~ Lao Tzu

Wednesday, May 2

What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday No. 152


Given the crazy up-and-down-ness of last week - you can read about here - I wasn't sure I'd get to join WOYWW this week, but here I am...

I'm still making postcards for the Inspiration Avenue Challenge. This is number 3 of 5 I'm finishing off this morning, and know what I have planned for 4 and 5...


Thanks for all the tips last week - masking tape is doing the trick :) - and yes, the paint and oil crayons I used are very shiny! The paint is Stewart Gill's Byzantia range which is perfect for a stained glass window!

On the right side of the main pic you can see the lovely pencil box a dear friend gave me for my birthday on Saturday - she almost cooked me a delicious lunch :)

And standing watch over my work is this little guy...


... who arrived yesterday. I bought him with some birthday money from the very lovely and talented Jo Lucksted, and I'm sure he'll help me out just as much as the amazing, how-did-I-manage-before Mod Podge, which is in the pic for scale....

I really want to thank everyone who left comments last week - I so enjoy reading them! And I'm hoping I'll get around many more WOYWW links this week over at Julia's Stamping Ground.

It has to be quieter week than last, doesn't it???





22 comments:

Eliza said...

Happy birthday for last saturday and I love that pencil box. Oh and the cat statue really cute.

Eliza #19

Clare with paint in her hair said...

love that stained glass window effect

Diane said...

A very well used and well loved desk. Thanks for visiting.
Diane

Karen said...

Love the stained glass window effect, it looks great :)

Have a great WOYWW and a lovely week, hugs, Karen xx #12

Lisa Richards said...

It looks like a good place to have crafty fun! Enjoy making those cards!
Have a great WOYWW!
Lisa #120

kay said...

hope this week is a better one
have a fab crafty week and
happy woyww
kay #38

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, you got some great gifts. Love how bright and uplifting the stained glass looks.

Hugs
Brenda 114

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...loVing your byzantine colours and they do make for a cracking stained glass window...happy belated birthday Claire, you've had quite a week of it...big hug...Mel :)

The Weekend Artist said...

Ohhh I love shiny paint as well! Am looking into buying a set of metallic watercolors to test it out! =)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

We're always afraid to mention that it could be slow or quieter because that just jinxes it! So... shhh! Those oil crayons are so shiny they are perfect for stained glass. Happy birthday to you!

Joanne said...

I was looking at modge podge yesterday. Afraid that's as far as it got though.
Hugs Joanne xx

May said...

Fabulous stained glass window creation... just beautiful! Hugs May x x x#32

famfa said...

Great stained glass card. Just read your post before this one. Phew. What a few days you had. Bless you. Hope all is more settled now xx

Sandy said...

The stained glass that you are working on looks great. Hope you have a better week this week and so great that you are 55% better at walking now looks like all the hard work with the physio is paying off. Sorry to hear about your loss. Virtual coffee looks like fun. Sandy #109

MrsC.x said...

lovely post card.xx
thanks for visiting me


tfs Happy WOYWW Mrs.C.xx #74

Diana Taylor said...

I love stained glass - yours looks great - I also love the little figure - how cute to have him sitting on your desk keeping you company while you work!

Hazel said...

Love that stained glass effect - thanks for sharing - Hazel #10 x

Sandra Botham said...

Great looking work desk. x

Twiglet said...

Belated happy birthday/anniversary! Also well done on your improving results. Your little stained glass window is lovely. x Jo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my workspace this week. Your desk looks so creative. Sorry to hear of your loss - so sudden. Happy Belated Birthday & Wedding Anniversary. Ali x #170

Est xxx said...

Wow I love that little statue, great window effect too thanks for visiting my blog :-) have a great week xxx

okienurse said...

WOW nice projects...love the pencil box. The statue is awesome. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog I enjoy reading them. Have a great week. Vickie #91