At the centre of your being you have the answer, you know who you are and you know what you want ~ Lao Tzu

Wednesday, May 9

What's on Your Workdesk? No. 153


I'm bright and early this morning - it's 6.20am...

This is all set up to start this week's IA Challenge which is about Hands...

I want to draw this image from an old Toast catalogue of a woman making a pot... creating with her hands...
I adore Toast's clothes, and their catalogues are works of art and full of inspiration, but I'd never paint/sculpt in them - way too expensive!!

And what is that, taking pride of place???


Yes, it's my WOYWW badge, which arrived yesterday :)
I am now officially a member of this worldwide gang of busily creative individuals who post every Wednesday.
Thank you so much, Julia - a true hostess with the mostest!!

I will get over to see all the lovely peeps linked with Julia over on The Stamping Ground, but not today...

I have to get a bleed in my left eye cauterized at 10.20am this morning at Boston Hospital over an hour 's drive away. I had it done 3 years ago in the same eye, so I know what to expect...
The laser's fine, but for the sensation of the eye swelling inside my head is seriously unpleasant... so I'll try and sleep for a few hours till the worst is over...
But I will visit as many as I can in the coming week :)

Wishing you a fun, creative week xxx






24 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

Must remember next week to show my badge. It's sitting rather prettily on a cupcake pincushion at the moment.
Lynn 40

Neesie said...

Oh Claire, that sounds horrendous. I wish you good luck and maybe it won't be as bad this time ~ I hope not anyway.
You're pencils have put me in a spin sitting there all spick and span waiting for attention. Oh and welcome aboard with you're WOYWW badge. I got so excited when I received mine in the post especially all this way.
Take care and let us know how you get on. Neesie #7

Kath Stewart said...

Hi Claire...thanks for today's crafty snoop...happy WOYWW...sending good wishes for your hospital visit...hugs kath (44) xxx

Helen said...

Hope today goes well - it sounds awful (I am very squeamish about eyes!) helen. 9

Anonymous said...

Ouch! That sounds horrible. But at least you have your lovely badge :)

Shame about not being able to load the image of that delicious looking coffee - I wonder what the problem might be as other images seem to load just fine! Isn't technology annoying and wonderful at the same time??

Have a great day.

Mary Anne (11)

Astrid Maclean said...

Thanks for the chance to look around and wonderful badge in pride of place....

Have a great week and happy hopping!
Astrid #20

Karen said...

I do hope everything goes well for you this morning at the hospital [[hugs]]. A fab, creative desk, TFS :)

Have a fab WOYWW and a lovely week, Hugs, Karen xx #49

Miriam said...

Good luck Clare. Great to see your badge.

#97

VonnyK said...

Can't wait to see your hands drawing, that's if your eye is okay. Sounds awful you poor thing.
Have a great week (apart from the eye) :)
Von #18

Unknown said...

Hi Claire - ouch! Poor you. I hope you are quickly recovered and able to come and play again soon! I now have badge envy so I think I might have to ask Julia ever so nicely for a badge too! Happy WOYWW to you Helen 50

HeARTworks said...

Hope your eye is better! I too received my badge and am wondering where to display it! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Redanne said...

Thanks for the snoop, lovely tidy desk. Hope all goes well at the hospital. Anne #2

Sandy said...

Glad to see you are on the other side of that eye op. Hope you feel better soon. Oh look you got your WOYWW badge gratz. sandy :) #63

CraftygasheadZo said...

Good luck with the eye thing. Look forward to seeing the final picture too. Take care, enjoy WOYWW this week, I know I will! Zo xx 73

MvM-design said...

Creative desk!!Love the button!
Happy WOYWW Wednesday!
Hugs Marleen #8

Amy E said...

Yay! Glad you got your badge...It's exciting isn't it? I was so happy when mine came!

Good luck on your eye procedure today. I hope everything goes well.

Thanks for visiting!

Amy E. #3
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

May said...

Bless you.. Hope all goes well with the eye op! Lovely tidy desk.. Hugs May x x x#31

Princess Judy Palmer said...

My eye is creeped out just reading about swelling up inside one's head. Good luck with the hand project. Hands are difficult to do but if you can nail them, the world is your oyster. You know, if you're into oysters...!

Peggy Cain said...

had a quick peek around thanks for sharing

mark gould said...

happy woyww from 158. good luck with the eye thing, hope it settles down quick.

Unknown said...

How special to receive a badge. God speed on your recovery! 106

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh Claire, now that isn't something I want you to have to experience once, let alone twice...not a graphic description but oh my.....I hope a nice long sleep will sort it afterwards. Really, you're intending to sketch that whole picture? OMG you are so good.

Hazel said...

Hope your eye settles down all right without too much discomfort. I love your choice of picture for the hands challenge - thanks for sharing (Hazel, WOYWW #95) x

Pixie Moongazer said...

How do we join the WOYWW? I help out at a toddler group so you can imagine how my workdesk looks! It'd certainly be interesting ;)
Hope your eye is ok, and I've posted a picture of Christine for you on my blog x