At the centre of your being you have the answer, you know who you are and you know what you want ~ Lao Tzu

Friday, May 18

IA Challenge - Art with Heart

I'm not a great maker of heart-art as in


... but I adore art-with-heart, which is how I've interpreted this particular challenge :)

I decided to make my first page in my new journal from Nellie Wortman, which just fills my heart with joy every time I see it waiting for me on my desk...


You can see more pages here.

I started with this page Nellie had pre-prepared...


... added different collage elements...


... with this deeply wise poem in the centre...


... and notice too the words on the linnet card 'delight in the little things'... the essence of 'noticing' what's in the garden of life...

And here's the finished page


It's not the greatest picture, as it's getting late here in the UK... but I think you can get the idea :)

Can't wait to see what the others were inspired to create by this great challenge - pop over to Inspiration Avenue to find out.

15 comments:

Pixie Moongazer said...

That looks lovely, I'm getting inspired :)

Unknown said...

It's beautiful Claire! Love that poem! TFS have a good weekend!
hugs Alyson x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You did a beautiful job with this challenge, Claire. The butterfly caught my eye, but the bird captured my heart. Lovely addition to the challenge.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Your journal page is awesome! The poem is very touching and the butterflies are perfect!

artangel said...

Lovely work, I adore the little linnet :)

Tam said...

Hello Claire. Thank you so much for your comment. I agree what you said about the inner critic.

Please may I add your blog to my blogs I read page?

Thanks

t

SandeeNC said...

I love your journal page with all the collage elements, and especially the poem. waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Hettienne Grobler said...

love it love it love it! and yes you interpreted the challenge exactly as it was intended. love Hettienne

poppy m said...

Love the blog - it's always a joy to read. (Your hand-made pressie is well under-way). Meredith

gma said...

Claire this lovely. It is always nice to see you here. sending blessings to you.
xx

Sue Brown said...

What a fantastic journal you're making :)) and I love the poem x

Gloria said...

You've made a beautiful page and the quotes are something to absorb and remember. Thanks so much for putting this in images.

Kim Collister Studio said...

What a great submission for Heart Art! Completing pages in someone's journal is truly art from the Heart.
Beautiful work and lovely completed page!!

XO
Kim

Lou Anne Hazel said...

This was an inspiring piece for Art with Heart. I really loved the poem's message and your collage is wonderful. Thanks for showing the process.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is lovely!