At the centre of your being you have the answer, you know who you are and you know what you want ~ Lao Tzu

Tuesday, May 8

Virtual Coffee Tuesday - Hello again...

I've been trying to create a VC logo with this image... and I've made it, but I can't upload it here!! *ggrrrr* I so wish I were more techo-savvy...

But, I've invited you here to have a coffee and a catch-up, not to hear me moan...

So, how are you?
How has the past week been?
Seven days just evaporate, don't they??

Thankfully, it's been a largely good week energy-wise, so I've got a lot done! I've finished all five of my postcards for the IA Postcard Swap...


I tried to use all different media - there's collage, watercolour, acrylics - but I really like drawing, so there's two drawings :)

Here's the back of the envelopes...


... and they're now winging their way to the US, South Africa and the Netherlands!
I will show any of the cards I receive in the new few weeks.

This is my first art swap since the stroke - can you believe tomorrow is the fifth anniversary???? - so I'm a tad nervous about the finished quality of my efforts, but I have enjoyed making them, which is the whole point, I know :)

Tomorrow is not only 5 years to the day that my life turned upside down in an instant, but I go for laser surgery to cauterize a bleed in my left eye... I had it done 3 years ago, so I know what to expect - which is both a good and a bad thing... It doesn't hurt at the time, but your feel like your eye's swelling in your head for a few hours after, which is a not pleasant...

So, if you can spare a thought, I'd really appreciate it :)

Apparently today is the Feast of Lady Julian of Norwich. She is one of my favourite medieval mystics, and I wear a bangle with her words 'All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well'...


Sometimes that is all we can do... believe and hope that this is the case...

So I hope however your week has been, you're able to find glimmerings of beauty, hope and inspiration to carry you through the next week...


With love xxx







5 comments:

Pixie Moongazer said...

There is always hope. Sometimes it doesn't seem like it but it's there, tucked away in a little corner waiting to be noticed. Good luck with your eye thingy, it doesn't sound pleasant!
Your artwork is lovely, keep anjoying it. I can't draw so I express my art in other ways; photos and jewellery making x

Sandy said...

Lovely IA postcard swap cards love the stained glass one. I forgot about the coffee think I just made it in time c\_/ here is my virtual coffee. Thanks for the invite. Hope your eye isn't to bad tomorrow. Sandy :)

Unknown said...

Love your postcards!
Hope all goes well tomorrow I'll be thinking of you!
hugs Aly x

Sue Brown said...

No wonder your week has flown by - you have been a busy lady :) Love the postcards, mail art and the beautiful pix. Definitely sending good thoughts your way for tomorrow.

Johanna said...

Beautiful cards! Lots of love and positive thoughts winging their way from Westest Wales for you tomorrow xxxx